The Gristleizer Tabletop Unit VERSION 2 WITH CV IN / OUT & FREQUENCY CONTROL
UPDATE: ENDANGERED AUDIO IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE VERSION 2 OF THE GRISTLEIZER TABLETOP WITH AN UPDATED LOOK, NEW KNOBS, CV IN AND OUT JACKS, AND A FREQUENCY CONTROL JACK AS FOUND ON THE EURORACK VERSION. NOW SHIPPING!
For the first time ever, Throbbing Gristle's legendary effects unit, The Gristleizer, is now available in its classic tabletop form. Though the original design by Roy Gwinn is over 30 years old, The Gristleizer had never seen commercial production until the summer of 2009, when Endangered Audio updated and improved the circuit. The tabletop version is designed to sit within hand's-reach for easy parameter control, e.g. while playing synthesizers. In essense, The Gristleizer is a synth module that works with any audio signal. The audio path is modulated by an LFO using four selectable waveforms (ramp, reverse ramp, triangle, & square), functioning in one of two paths: VCA (voltage controlled amplifier) or VCF (voltage controlled filter). Ranging from light and sweet tremolo to extreme, raunchy ring mod, The Gristleizer is a 100% analog, hand-assembled unit built to last. The Gristleizer also has CV in and out as well as voltage controlled frequency jacks as found on the eurorack version. You can also special order (contact us first) a passive expression pedal-controlled freqency jack. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL VIDEO DEMO OF THE STOMPBOX GRISTLEIZER
- The Gristleizer tabletop with a Boss Slicer, among other things. (by King Tut)
- Awesome modular synth demo with a tabletop Gristleizer and...Uhh...Heck yeah! (by F***ing Synthesizer)
- Chris Carter of Throbbing Gristle with two Gristleizer tabletops and two FM Buddha machines. (Throbbing Gristle)
- Amazing TIME LAPSE ASSEMBLY VIDEO with sonic test at the end! (by Oregarus vs Asparagor)
- Eric Archer's DRONE COMMANDER run through the Gristleizer (by Phillip Walker of Loop12)
Reviews & Other:
- PCB Build Blogs: (one) (two)
- "I must say that the quality of the Gristlizer’s PCB is absolutely superb. Compared to the one for my last project […] well, there’s no comparison; this one is just much cleaner and easier to work, with almost no potential for unwanted bridging, at least thus far. The layout is impeccable and the manufacturing seems perfect." - Eston of The Long Afternoon (MySpace page)
The Gristleizer Tabletop Unit Features:
- Classic Tabletop Design
- LFO operated by four waveshapes (upslope, downslope, triangle, square)
- VCA/VCF Modes
- CV in & out
- Option for either CV-controlled frequency jack or a passive, pedal-operated freqency jack.
- Ultra-wide speed sweep (almost 6 seconds per cycle at its slowest!)
- LED Tempo Indicator
- Front-Panel Mounted Bias Knob
- True Bypass
- Can be used effectively with synthesizers, guitars, basses, vocals, drum machines, brass--you name it!
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- Built-in CV Mod Points (to be added by customer)
- Heavy Duty Housing
NOTE FOR ORDERS OUTSIDE OF USA & CANADA:
BEFORE YOU BUY, PLEASE NOTE: USA and Canada orders ship with an 18V/AC power supply. At this time, we only stock U.S. 120v 60Hz adaptors. Foreign orders will NOT ship with a power supply. The power supply you need is 18V/AC @ 200ma and the plug is 5mm x 2.1mm. For the rest of you we suggest www.farnell.com to find the appropriate adaptor for your country. We will offer foreign power supplies when they become available to us. Very soon, a PDF of the user manual and warranty info will be posted on the site.
READ THIS BEFORE YOU ORDER INTERNATIONALLY!
Please note that we are currently not offering the Express Mail International shipping option. Instead, please choose Priority Mail International. Due to a glitch in our website, we cannot take this option off, so please do not choose it. If you do, we will have to refund the difference. We will hopefully have this fixed soon, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.