The Gristleizer Eurorack Module
UPDATE: NOW SHIPPING! Orders will be filled in the order they were received. The first 50 are a limited edition "silver edge" batch. All of the white in the illustration is actually through to the aluminum panel (and thus gives the font and border a silvery look). After these 50, we will continue with the white border as per the illustration.
For the first time ever, Throbbing Gristle's legendary effects unit, The Gristleizer, is now available in eurorack synth module form (28HP wide). Though the original design by Roy Gwinn is over 30 years old, The Gristleizer had never seen commercial production until the summer of 2009, when Endangered Audio updated and improved the circuit. The audio path is modulated by an LFO using four selectable waveforms (ramp, reverse ramp, triangle, & square), functioning in one of two paths: VCA (voltage controlled amplifier) or VCF (voltage controlled filter). Ranging from light and sweet tremolo to extreme, raunchy ring mod, The Gristleizer is a 100% analog, hand-assembled unit built to last. These can connect to either analog systems power bus or doepfer (with adapter available from us), for easy addition to your eurorack system.
NOTE: When you place your order, please specify what kind of power cable you need (included free). We have cables for both Doepfer and Analog Systems. The power cables for sale ($7.99) are only necessary if you need a spare or you are building a module from a kit.
CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL VIDEO DEMO OF THE STOMPBOX GRISTLEIZER
- The Gristleizer tabletop with a Boss Slicer, among other things. (by King Tut)
- Awesome modular synth demo with a tabletop Gristleizer and...Uhh...Heck yeah! (by F***ing Synthesizer)
- Chris Carter of Throbbing Gristle with two Gristleizer tabletops and two FM Buddha machines. (Throbbing Gristle)
- Amazing TIME LAPSE ASSEMBLY VIDEO with sonic test at the end! (by Oregarus vs Asparagor)
- Eric Archer's DRONE COMMANDER run through the Gristleizer (by Phillip Walker of Loop12)
Reviews & Other:
- PCB Build Blogs: (one) (two)
- "I must say that the quality of the Gristlizer’s PCB is absolutely superb. Compared to the one for my last project […] well, there’s no comparison; this one is just much cleaner and easier to work, with almost no potential for unwanted bridging, at least thus far. The layout is impeccable and the manufacturing seems perfect." - Eston of The Long Afternoon (MySpace page)
The Gristleizer Module Features:
- LFO operated by four waveshapes (forward ramp, reverse ramp, triangle, square)
- VCA/VCF Modes
- Ultra-wide speed sweep (almost 6 seconds per cycle at its slowest!)
- LED Tempo Indicator
- Front-Panel-Mounted Bias Knob
- Ability to self-oscillate (run a line out to an amp with nothing plugged in, crank up the bias, level, and depth and see what happens!)
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- Beautiful aluminum panel 28HP wide
READ THIS BEFORE YOU ORDER INTERNATIONALLY!
Please note that we are currently not offering the Express Mail International shipping option. Instead, please choose Priority Mail International. Due to a glitch in our website, we cannot take this option off, so please do not choose it. If you do, we will have to refund the difference. We will hopefully have this fixed soon, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.